When a Russian citizen landed in the United States, a border control official asked what the reason for the visit was. The answer was that he was attending a conference on the Russian constitution and Russia’s Constitutional Court. “A constitution? You have a constitution? I thought you just had Mister Putin,” said the official, puzzled.
Many in Russia appear to think the same way. People tend to think it is much more effective to complain to the president, the prosecutor, or the police than to go to court. This mistrust is caused by the Russian courts’ poor record of making sure justice prevails.
Most Americans do not know that the United States has a Constitution that protects the people and not the government. Most Americans, including attorneys, judges, government officials, and members of congress, have no idea what the members of the Congressional Convention wrote or why it was written. The Biden regime agrees with the border control official and believe that it is the bureaucracy and the courts that are the law in the United States and not the Constitution.
A recent case connected generally to public protests illustrates quite well how Russia’s judiciary normally treats public demonstrations. This is also an illustration of how the United States judiciary treats them as well.
A Russian defense attorney stated, “I also saw people detained by mistake, such as a Kyrgyz plumber who had left his client’s apartment ten minutes before being apprehended. Or a jogger in sweatpants and red running shoes who resides in central Moscow and was arrested on his way home after a morning run.” He went on to explain, “I tried to convince the police that those people had been arrested by mistake.” “Since the citizens were delivered to the station they will be charged,” an officer responded with a shrug. The courts will restore justice.” Does this sound familiar, especially with the January 6th happenings.
Pertaining to those Moscow demonstrations, in 95% of those cases, Moscow courts issued guilty verdicts. In the remaining 5%, the courts sent the files back to the police to correct mistakes in paperwork. The judges in these cases were not interested in discovering the true story behind the events. Novaya Gazeta, an independent Russian newspaper, compared court decisions in 153 cases of arrests made during the 2019 rallies. The newspaper identified eight templates that thirteen Moscow courts used to issue their rulings. Each ruling copied, word for word, one of the eight templates, with only minor variations, usually limited to the name and address of the person arrested.
Judges often refused to examine pieces of evidence that might prove the defendant’s innocence. On the other hand, they readily accept testimony from policemen even if the testimony is vague or contradictory, citing an adage that officials cannot lie because “they are executing their official duties.”
The Democrats in the United States use the rallying cry of “equal justice for all,” but what they really mean is no different from what Putin and the Russian government means whey they say, “equal justice for all.” The Democrats, Putin, Xi, Lukashenko and all other tyrants operate on a system of “arbitrary law.” Arbitrary law is a system whereby the tyrant applies the law so those he favors are dealt with favorably, and those he opposes are dealt with unfavorably. These tyrants believe the law is a tool for them to intimidate the public and gain tighter and tighter control over the people.
In a free society, it is the government who has the burden of proof and the defendant has no obligation to even put forth a defense. The state must share all evidence with the defense and is not allowed to hold back evidence, especially evidence that would help the defendant. This is no longer the case in the United States, because the Democrats, just like Putin, Xi, Lukashenko and all other tyrants, believe that the courts are their tools and are not for the purpose of finding the truth, but are for the purpose of imposing their will.
Leave a Reply.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.