Thomas Jefferson said, "When the people fear the government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
I call on every American, regardless of your political affiliation, to learn and understand why our nation was founded on the principles that the government that governs least governs best, that the government can have no power to limit the liberties of the people, and that we would be a republic and not a democracy. Sadly, many who would call themselves lovers of liberty, are willing to succumb to the popular mindset that government is the answer to problems, when in reality government rules and regulations create problems, create crisis, that we are then told can only be solved with more government control through laws and regulations, through the loss of even more liberty.
Never has a people been enslaved to government when the government is limited in its power. Always, the more government usurps power, the people lose more and more liberty and more and more, people have dictated to them how they must live their lives, how they must think. That is called tyranny, despotism, collectivism, communism, and yes democracy.
Our founders understood this. This is why they formed us as a Constitutional Republic, this is why they specifically limited the power of government, this is why they stated time after time that it is only a virtuous people, who elect virtuous representatives, that can remain a free people.
Today we have a part of our nation that opposes virtue, views as its number one enemy the Bible, and views as its number two enemy the United States Constitution. We have many bureaucrats, technocrats, experts, and elected representatives who tell us that we as a people must accept their standards, their requirement of indoctrination, their propaganda, and succumb to their intimidation.
Here is a list of requirements to which our founders knew we must adhere if liberty would remain as the hallmark of our society. When we study this list, we find that the Democrat Party platform is the antithesis of this list. We find the RINO faction supports many aspects of the left’s opposition to these requirements. History proves the founders to be correct about these requirements, and the American left to be wrong. The question is, do you support liberty or tyranny?
This is the list to which I referred. Please read it carefully. Ponder these requirements. Research these requirements and learn what the result was when people supported them and what the result was when people refuted them. You must determine for yourself if you support liberty or tyranny. If you determine you believe liberty is supreme to tyranny, you must be about “Setting Brushfires of Freedom”. Certainly, you can use these points as questions when you are conversing with those who believe they are supporting liberty, but are in fact assisting the despots who are determined to transform the United States to a Marxist totalitarian state.
“Principles of Liberty
1. The only reliable basis for sound government and just human relations is Natural Law.
2. A free people cannot survive under a republican constitution unless they remain virtuous and morally strong.
3. The most promising method of securing a virtuous and morally strong people is to elect virtuous leaders.
4. Without religion the government of a free people cannot be maintained.
5. All things were created by God, therefore upon him all mankind are equally dependent, and to Him they are equally responsible.
6. All men are created equal.
7. The proper role of government is to protect equal rights, not provide equal things.
8. Men are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights.
9. To protect man's rights, God has revealed certain principles of divine law.
10. The God-given right to govern is vested in the sovereign authority of the whole people.
11. The majority of the people may alter or abolish a government which has become tyrannical.
12. The United States of America shall be a republic.
13. A constitution should be structured to permanently protect the people from the human frailties of their rulers.
14. Life and Liberty are secure only so long as the Igor of property is secure.
15. The highest level of security occurs when there is a free market economy and a minimum of government regulations.
16. The government should be separated into three branches: legislative, executive, and judicial.
17. A system of checks and balances should be adopted to prevent the abuse of power.
18. The unalienable rights of the people are most likely to be preserved if the principles of government are set forth in a written constitution.
19. Only limited and carefully defined powers should be delegated to the government, all others being retained by the people.
20. Efficiency and dispatch require government to operate according to the will of the majority, but constitutional provisions must be made to protect the rights of the minority.
21. Strong human government is the keystone to preserving human freedom.
22. A free people should be governed by law and not by the whims of men.
23. A free society cannot survive a republic without a broad program of general education.
24. A free people will not survive unless they stay strong.
25. "Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none."
26. The core unit which determines the strength of any society is the family; therefore, the government should foster and protect its integrity.
27. The burden of debt is as destructive to freedom as subjugation by conquest.
28. The United States has a manifest destiny to be an example and a blessing to the entire human race.”
― Founding Fathers
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.