SV. I. Lenin
Theses for a Law on the Confiscation of Apartment and Tenement Houses
December 3, 1917
1) All land (urban) shall become the property of the nation.
2) Houses which are systematically let to tenants shall be confiscated and become the property of the nation.
3) Owners of houses that are not let to tenants shall, pending the decision of the Constituent Assembly, remain in possession without any change in their rights of ownership.
4) Several-months compensation (2 to 3 months) to owners of confiscated houses who can prove their
5) Rent shall be collected by (whom?) the Soviets (paid into the current accounts of the Soviets).
6) Building committees (the trade unions + building offices) shall ’take charge also of house supplies (fuel, etc.).
7) Rent payment to come in force immediately.
8) The building and house committees shall come into force gradually as and when they are set up by the trade unions and the ’Soviets.
9) The heating of the houses and their normal upkeep shall be the duty of the house committees and other institutions (trade unions, Soviets, fuel departments of the town council, etc.).
When Castro came to power, he passed housing-related legislation to halt evictions and roll back most rents by up to 50 percent
Facing a wave of criticism from business leaders, President Hugo Chavez is defending his order for government officials to seize control of residential complexes.
De Blasio Orders Confiscation of Private Property from New Yorkers Who Don’t ‘Respect’ Residents
“The Road to Tyranny, Individualism to Collectivism” follows the same path. The road of Hope and Change is the road to socialism which is the road to communism which is tyranny which is arbitrary or unrestrained exercise of power; despotic abuse of authority.
The signs are all around us. The collectivists (Marxists, communists, socialists, progressives, Democrats – all virtually the same) always have called themselves the advocates of the people. They have always said they were protecting the little people from the oppression of the rich. They have always insisted on conformity by restricting freedom of speech and demonized anybody who would speak against their evil. They have always forsaken education for indoctrination. They have always persecuted Christians. They have always had as a goal the destruction of strong family units. They have always promoted immorality. They have always promoted hatred between different groups.
The above are facts. If you claim to love freedom and independence but you support the Marxist/Progressive (Democrat) Party, you are ignoring the facts. If you claim to be compassionate but support the welfare state, you are ignoring the facts. The welfare state has always made servants, serfs, and slaves of the people to a sovereign government. If you claim you believe in freedom of speech but support the policies of suppression of speech on campuses and other public locations, you are a part of those touting conformity.
Do not let your hatred of one individual blind you to the ultimate result of the policies of the opposite movement, the collectivist movement, which always results in societal decay, financial collapse, and enslavement of the public to the “Dictatorship of the Proletariat”.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.